Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1. This is our heyday, baby



Mic Christopher & Glen Hansard--"Heyday" (Busking on Grafton St., Dublin)

So, I've been listening to this song a lot lately. It's fantastic for any of several reasons, but this line is just phenomenal:
This is our heyday, baby, and we're not not gonna be afraid to shine 'cause we can make our heyday last forever and ain't that what it's all about?


I spent a lot of time when I got back to the states (...basically until a month or so ago) talking nonstop about my time abroad like it was my crowning moment. In some ways it was, but that's so limiting. It certainly was part of my heyday, part of the "time of my life," but not the middle and certainly not the end. It was the beginning.

So, here's to less reminiscing and more living.

cheers!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment