Thursday, May 19, 2011

Way Over Yonder In the Minor Key

Another largely ordinary day here. I finally got around to unpacking--mostly because I have to start repacking soon--and got Indian food for dinner with my family.

I also watched "Love and Other Drugs," which I thought was pretty decent in its portrayal of a young adult dealing with a progressive, degenerative disease. I guess it really kind of pinpointed a lot of concerns I have myself about being a burden and such because of medical reasons, and it was certainly more "real" than most romantic comedies I've seen. Its soundtrack was pretty phenomenal as well, and included one of my favorite songs:

Billy Bragg & Wilco- "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key"



(This whole project is really interesting--Billy Bragg and Wilco were given lyrics written by Woodie Guthrie in the 20s and 30s and asked to put them to music and record them by Guthrie's family. Two albums (Mermaid Ave Vol. I and Vol. II) were released as a result of the collaboration.)

Here's another great song from the first album:

California Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment